Thursday 7 March 2013

spring is coming

I often think that I will have  nice quiet time during the winter months but it never seems to work out that way. I have been endlessly busy sowing seeds  - annuals, perennials and even some shrubs. Sowing them is such a nice job but the excitement when the first seeds start to appear is soon overshadowed by the endless task of pricking out. I am trying to keep to at least 150 per day - seems like a lot but they just keep coming and some days I have to spend all day frantically potting the faster growing ones. It is really time for a second sowing of some and for the less hardy annuals to be started off but I will just have to clear some space somewhere to put them all. The polytunnel is full, the small greenhouse is full, the dining room has no more space and I am gradually filling up the bedrooms. I am hopeful that we may be able to start planting out soon - perhaps under the long cloches that I bought last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment